Before you answer that question, maybe ask yourself this question.
'How do you feel about our prevailing food culture?'
If you come up with something like...
Then you feel the way we feel, read on ...
Remember walking into your grandma’s house? You were always welcome, you were always a special guest. Grandma simultaneously wanted to feed you good food and spoil you rotten. That’s what we want customers of estabar to feel like.
We value authenticity. The products we choose, the farmers, makers and creators we work with & the team we build. We are all driven by passion and purpose for the greater good. This foundation delivers food that will nourish the eater and the environment (and coffee that will deliver the inspiration or the daydream our customers are searching for.)
purpose of role:
We're looking for either someone to head up our kitchen or someone to just join it. Either way there are 30 hours available.
- Ensure the kitchen is prepped and workflow is efficient
- Prepare and deliver food consistently to menu description and estabar standards of presentation
- Ensure portion sizes are in accordance to set serving size and menu costing.
- Participate in the development of seasonal menu selections and cost proposed meals
- Receive and check orders
- Ensure food storage sections are clean and organised
- Maintain and clean kitchen equipment
- Support other team members in busy periods, including table waiting
- Communicate with customers, make their experience memorable – smile, greet, relate
- Manage ordering, prep and wastage to ensure food is not wasted and costs are kept under control
- Ensure that paper waste, composte and garbage are separated and disposed of in the relevant bins
- Keep work area clean, organised & super presentable
- Develop kitchen workflow systems
- Be prepared and capable to make decisions as required
- Run a tight service at estabar ensuring stock levels are maintained
- Maintain farmer, producer / supplier relationships
- Provide feedback to Manager re workflow, procedures and ideas
- Collaborate on ideas for seasonal menu creation
- Build on current food ethos and offering
- Participate in menu costing
- Participate in performance review
- Respond to customer complaints by aiming to immediately rectify or elevate to Manager
- Participate in monthly staff meetings
- Offer training and advice to other members of staff as needed
- Participate in team activities.
- Dishwashing – daily task as require
- Comply with open, clean down and close procedures
- Comply with Health & Safety obligations, wear appropriate clothing and footwear, handle kitchen equipment appropriately
- Greet customers promptly, give friendly genuine service
- Acknowledge and greet delivery guys and suppliers
If you’re the one, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Looking forward to meeting you,